|Want a slice of delicious Peanut Butter Cheesecake?|
Peanut Butter Cheesecake!
Crust: Peanut Butter Oreos
Filling: Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Topping: Peanut Buter Ganache and Reese's PB cups!
Want to make this?
For The Crust
- 4 1/2 cups crushed Oreo cookies (I used regular Oreos & Peanut Butter Oreos)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
For The Filling
- 2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (I used JIFF!)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter cups, broken into small pieces (Miniture size PB cups cut into 1/4's **NOT THE TEENY TINY ones)
For The Topping
- 16oz Reese's peanut butter baking chips
- 1 cup heavy (or whipping) cream
- The tiny Reese's cups
** Please Note. Plan ahead--cheesecake needs to chill for at least 4 hours. (I let it sit overnight)
To Make The Crust
1) Heat oven to 275 degrees F
2) Combine crushed Oreo cookies that have been crushed or ground up with a food processor. Then mix with the melted butter.
3) Pat the crust onto the bottom and the sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
4) Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
(While this is baking, chop up your PB cups to get them ready! )
5) Once crust is done with it's quick bake, set aside to cool a little and get ready to make the filling!
To Make The Filling
1) In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, brown sugar, and cream together until smooth.
2) Beat cream cheese into bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
3) Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4) Mix in vanilla
5) Fold in Reese's PB cups with rubber spatula.
6) Pour filling into prepared crust.
7) Place springform pan into a larger baking pan.
8) Pour hot water into the larger pan so that the water comes up to about 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan.
9) Bake for 1-1/2 hours, sometimes it needs an extra 15mins! Just check starting around 1-1/2 hours.
You want the center to be a little bit jiggly, firmer around the rest, and lightly brown on top.
10) Remove cheesecake from oven and from its' "water bath", and place springform pan ontop of wire cooling rack. Place a dish plate over the top to help it cool at a slower rate. This will help to prevent any unsightly cracks!
(I let mine sit out on my counter for a good two hours before placing it into the fridge.)
11) After it has sat out for a few hours on the counter, remove the springfoam pan. Place cheesecake in fridge for atleast 5 hours. I left mine in there over night.
Once your cheesecake is cool, get ready for the toppings!
For The Topping:
1) Put peanut butter baking chips into a small bowl.
2) Bring heavy cream to a boil on the stove. As SOON as it comes to a boil, pour over baking chips and stir, stir, STIR!!!
3) You have just made your very own peanut butter ganache! Yummy!
You can let it sit for a few minutes, but don't let it sit too long or it will start to solidify.
4) Spread ganache all over the top and cover with peanut butter cups!
You can eat it now, or let it sit back in the fridge for a little bit. (30mins)
And There you go! A beautiful, delicious cheesecake!!
Tips for cutting, use a hot knife. I ran mine under the hot tap water. Make a cut, the wipe blade clean, and repeat! This makes clean cuts.