Slow-Cooker Pepper Steak
This recipe is a favorite in our home. It is my husband's favorite and it's really easy to make! Toss all of this in and cook for a few hours, serve over noodles or rice. It's perfect for a Sunday afternoon or a mid-week meal.
I only made a half-recipe last night, so the photos will only show the half-recipe!
You Will Need:
- Large Crockpot
- 2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips ( I used Cubed Steak meat this time)
- Minced Garlic to taste (or Garlic Powder)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or roughly 3 to 4 packets from your fave Chinese diner! LOL)
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
1)Start by adding the veggie oil to a large frying pan on High Heat and add meat.
3) Pour contents of the skillet into your Crockpot, juice and all. It gives it a great flavor!
4) In a bowl, or I just use a coffee mug, mix hot water and beef bouillon cube. Add corn starch. Pour in Crockpot and give it a quick swirl in with the meat. This will help thicken the sauce a bit.
5) Chop your veggies
6) Add vegetables, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt to Crockpot and give it a quick mix.
7) Cover Crockpot and put on low heat for 5-6 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
Your kitchen will start to smell so yummy as it's cooking!
8) Once cooked, I always transfer mine to a different dish just so that it doesn't cook too much.
Place noodles/rice at bottom of the bowl
Then add your freshly made Pepper Steak!