Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Sunrise Scribblings (Day 2-Part I)

I woke up stiff-necked and sore. With a decent ache from the dedicated, earnest effort needed for the rugged inclines of our completed treks, I'm reminded that I'm not as fit as I once was. The bed was comfy enough with plush pillows and cozy blankets. The room truly was a great, last minute find. (Thank you Mariah!) Yet, the mixture of the unfamiliar noises creeping about the hotel, the memories of the glorious day that had just ended, and the restless excitement of the day to come, all buzzed around in my head keeping me awake. Excitement and Caffeine must be cousins because both will do a remarkable number on you if you wish to sleep!

Easing the stiffness with some yoga stretches to loosen the ache, I'm already feeling a lot better. Mariah is still snuggled up in her bed with sweet slumber, so I'm doing my best to keep quiet. 

I have truly missed writing. It is a marvelous way to unwind. I am going to wrap this up and get a bit more rest before the second leg of our current adventure. Today we venture to the waterfall-of-waterfalls, massive, expansive, sheer power and awe of nature and God's artistry: Niagara.

No comments:

Post a Comment