Monday, March 26, 2012

$$$

Alright, now awhile back I started the Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. After moving a few months ago, we used up our emergency fund and need to start building it back up. So guys, I'm back to step one. If you missed my post on the TMM you can check it out here: Do you need a Total Money Makeover?



When I first started this I was in debt: $11,464.93
Now I'm down to: $8,472.11 (which is only my car loan! woo hoo!) 


It may not seem like a lot to some of you, but I'm so excited! 


But I need to build my emergency fund back up. I only have $50 in there...yikes..that's bad. haha 
SO that is my next goal, to save up. :) 

I have been cutting back our food budget again and am cooking in the crock-pot, which saves a ton of money! And, with only the two of us, there is always left overs to eat later. Fantastic :)Yesterday I made some delicious ribs, which you can check out here: Slow-cooker BBQ ribs (I didn't have ketchup and all that in my fridge, so I just used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce...DELICIOUS) I made much smaller portions too. 





I am also considering taking a second job, part-time in the evenings. I work at the school during the day and have time to take a few hours in the evenings for work.




How are you guys doing with your budgets and financial goals? Any suggestions for budget cut-backs??

No comments:

Post a Comment