Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April Wrap-Up

Hey everyone! Here is my wrap-up of my April goals. Lets see how I did!


FITNESS:
-Start getting into shape for summer by walking the pup more Check! The weather is becoming beautiful here and the pup and I are getting into a walking schedule

-Yoga 3 times per week Fail. I did yoga randomly throughout the month. Probably less that 5 times in all. Oh well.

FINANCIAL:
-Save at least $200 more into emergency fund Success!


FAITH:
-Start a regular prayer time daily I'm going to call this one a tie. I have started praying more often daily, but I haven't picked a time where I set aside 20+ minutes of alone in prayer or Bible reading everyday. 
-Find a home church SUCCESS!

-Finish reading the book of Genesis Check! I'm on my way through Exodus now!

FUN:
-Read a whole book *Great Success* 3 whole books!
I read Fireproof, I had seen the movie and the book was great too.
 I read the Christian Atheist, which talks about how we need to stop claiming "Christian" (Christ LIKE), but live a separate way. The author is witty and down-to-earth. He hits on the hard issues and calls us to stand up and truly live out our faith, bringing honor to God! 
Last night I finished reading one of the best books I've ever read and I highly recommend to everyone: "Heaven is for Real". AWESOME, AWESOME book! True story of the Burpo family and their journey of almost losing their son, Colton, to a sudden illness that required emergency surgery. Then, in time, Colton starts to speak of his trip to Heaven and all the things he had seen and experienced. This book is for everyone to read. It is so incredible, it's very hard to put the book down and it's truly encouraging! Our God is SO AMAZING!

-Learn at least one new song on the piano Fail. I ALMOST learned all of Fur Elise, but I didn't complete it. Maybe this month! :)


This month went pretty well! How did you do on all your goals for April?

1 comment:

  1. I red Heaven is for Real in one night. I could not put it down lol. It was one of the best books I have ever read. Congrats on your goals! I failed most of mine :/

    ReplyDelete