Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Wedding Shower Adventure...Mixed with a few Disasters...!

Today one of our family members had a Jack &  Jill Wedding shower and it was a blast! But getting everything together wasn't so easy....

Last night I started working on their cake. All was going well...the house smelled warm and yummy from freshly made cake and creamy icing. I was very happy because it wasn't too late and normally when working on a cake, I lose a little bit of sleep due to baking late to ensure freshness....well all this came crashing down...LITERALLY, around midnight! I dropped the cake! My stomach sank! I just stared at the floor at this giant mess, and as if on cue, BAM! My lab puppy came running in trying to help me clean. Haha, such a sweet pup..
So I stayed up until 2am finishing up the beginning of this cake...baking and base frosting...

I had been up since 4 the previous morning, so sleep deprivation was setting in and by the time the Poke'mon theme song (of all things???) was playing in my head and I was humming along...yes...my marbles had no doubt been lost... lol

This morning, I noticed I was out of a lot of my tools for some reason? I don't know if I misplaced them, or if the evil moving fairy stole things during our move this past January... (wow..has it really been that long since I've made a cake??? jeez...)

All in all, the cake came together in time...JUST in time...

I was winging it and it turned out alright..everyone loved it and said it was SUPER delicious, but my perfectionism was bugging me because it didn't turn out at all how I planned and my piping skills need some serious work! But it turned out pretty good. The Bride and Groom loved it and almost every bit of this double-layer 24x12'' cake was eaten, and/or taken home!

Whew...I still got it... :-)
Piping needs some serious work, but it was still super yummy!


BUT there was one more thing... up here in the northeast..there is a dish called "Whimpies" which are really similar, if not the same exact thing, as Sloppe-Joes. (I am not ultimately sure because I still have yet to try one.)
But my husband went to pick up a generous few pounds of this meaty-sauce concoction in my car. I'm not sure of all the details, but I do know that at least 2 pound of this stuff went SPLASH all over the floor of my car! I don't know if it was the lack of sleep, or just the overload of stress flying around in my body, (or the whole...marbles being lost earlier...lol) but all I could do was LAUGH. I didn't even get mad! ..But once again Puppy to the rescue!  He has had one big buffet of AWESOME today, but his little belly hurt (wouldn't yours?) and was napping by the time we got home.


 The Bride & Groom were so happy! Kathy looked stunning in her teal crochet dress, and a happy, ear-to-ear grinning Dave was standing by her side. To the happy couple, Congrats again!

All in all it was a wonderful time! The girls did an amazing job, the place looked fabulous! The food was delicious and the cookies were scrumptious. Everyone had a good laugh at the games, and it was a blast! The place was beautiful and everyone had a great time.

 Now after having a long nap, me and pup, are both sane again! LOL!


And I will continue practicing...





No comments:

Post a Comment