Monday, November 7, 2011

~* What's going on *~

HEY HEY HEY What's going on?

I hope you had a good weekend :)

(I love my Hero!!! )
(USMC Ball '11)
Last week we had our USMC ball and it was AMAZING! It was the best one we have been to. It was so much fun! 
(here are two photos) 














We also had our puppy's first bday party. That was very fun too! Hahha I always thought things like that were so lame, but it was a blast! All the dogs loved the cake! Especially Kawi. He loves peanut butter!

   
(Peanut butter cake for Kawi!)


I haven't been feeling well recently. I had taken the intranasal flu mist last week, so it's probably from that. Just tummy aches and headaches, and tiredness. Naps are helping! hahaha



I'm on my 6th day without Facebook and it's going very very well. I don't really miss it anymore. I hear people talk about it and it's just a bunch of drama. I don't type it into the URL bar anymore when I open the browser either. Breaking the habit! It was weird. I would open the browser and automatically, without even thinking about it, type "facebook.com". When I saw this, my internet is a little slow, so I would see the cursor thinking and would click the "x" a lot just to make sure the homepage wouldn't pop up to tempt me! lol. Thank goodness I logged off completely or I would have probably failed. So, all is going well in the 30 day FB detox.







  With that, my goal was to spend more time searching to know God. I have been reading more of my bible and of a few books. Right now the main book I'm reading "Radical" by David Platt. It's a book I'm borrowing from one of our neighbors and it is a GREAT book. It opens the mind about how Americans have gotten lazy about the gospel. It shows the contrast between how American churches are with our air conditioning, comfy chairs, nice clothes, and worship bands(which are all wonderful things, don't get me wrong!!)  But take this image and contrast it against the secret churches in Asia, how these people risk everything they have: their jobs, families,  and even their very lives, just to seek, know, and share the gospel of our LORD. WOW. It's time we get a radical new view and get the hunger back for Jesus. It's a great book!! 



Tomorrow my neighbors have their USMC ball tomorrow and I will be helping with her hair and I get to babysit their adorable son, Kenneth!!!



Work has been going alright. I may be moving to the finance dept so that will be good :) I find out tomorrow.


In the cake world, I have two baby showers to make cakes for this weekend! One for my friends from high school, Lauren & Jared and their son Ryder, and one for my dear friends Melissa &Ryan and their son Peyton. Both baby showers are going to be great! Congrats to all of you!!! :)



This week I want to take a New Bern trip with Jessica to go to Books-a-million and the Birthplace of Pepsi. They have the original formula of Pepsi there are it tastes SO much better than cans or bottles.



Hope all of you have been well! What's been going on with you lately?

3 comments:

  1. Aww your pictures are great! And I love that dress.

    What's your recipe for the dog cake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Michelle :)

    Here is the cake recipe:

    Peanut butter puppy cake
    1 cup white or whole wheat flour 
    1 tsp baking soda 
    1/4 cup peanut butter 
    1/4 cup vegetable oil 
    1 cup shredded carrots 
    1 tsp vanilla 
    1/3 cup honey 
    1 egg

    Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
    Mix together flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a ring mold sprayed with a nonstick spray for 40 minutes.


    ( It doesn't look like a normal cake consistency, it's very thick, but it bakes great)

    The frosting is just cream cheese, natural peanut butter and a little bit of veggie oil. :)

    Hope your pups enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we got the chance to go! Ugh. I have been so busy and I have had this horrible cough for a week now ): This class is taking up A LOT of my time too :/ And ACTUALLY keeping up with my house has left me with little time to do much of anything anymore. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete