Now that 2011 is almost over, what do you wish that you would've done differently? Anything about your life, finances, schooling, relationships, adventure-wise, or anything else? This will of course lead me to eventually think about my goals for 2012, which will hopefully come soon.
(This post is based off of one of my favorite blogs, Making Sense of Cents )
I would say that 2011 was pretty good to me. There were a lot of new experiences in my life in 2011, I took a year off from working, my husband and I went through a MEU deployment, celebrated our first year of marriage, raised my very first puppy, and made some wonderful friendships. I started work again late this year, took control of my finances, started knocking out debt, worked on myself, and getting to know our Savior.
- Life. Overall, life was really good this year. Nothing terrible happened. Our last year in North Carolina has really been a good one.
- Finances. I wish I had taken control of my finances earlier, but I am very thankful that a friend loaned me "The Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey. It has changed my life as far as my finances. I've already paid off my credit card and am a good way on paying off my furniture loan. I may still have a car loan, but I will be knocking that out hopefully next year!
- Schooling. I did take a pharmacy technicians certification course this past spring. It was alright. It's not what I had in mind, but it was a good experience because now I have an idea of what college is like, at least to some degree. I have applied to school and will be starting in the fall of 2012. Other than that, I studied some Italian, but yet again, I slacked on it. I will try again to stay persistant in 2012.
- Relationships. Nothing I would change here. I love my husband so very much. We celebrated our first year of marriage. We have our three wonderful pets we call our "kids". I got to visit my father and brother for the first time in 3 years. As a bonus I got to meet my brother's wife! I'm so thankful my brother found such a wonderful woman to share his life with. I got to see my little sister graduate high school, my mother and I started to repair our relationship, and I have made some friendships that I really hope to keep life-long. 2011 has been a great year for relationships.
- Fitness. I slacked. Except I walked 93 miles in three weeks for a competition. I toned up and felt great! But once the comp was over, I just quit. I'm so diappointed in myself. BUT! I'm taking control and starting again. I'm ready to be healthy and fit again.
- Other. I wish I had gone to the beach more because I know I'm going to miss it. There won't be a beach around us in Pennsylvania, but in the summer my husband said we will try and make a trip. I also wanted to stop cursing, but I'm still working on that.
How was 2011 for you?